Senator Murray believes that everyone in this country should be able to get the health care they need without worrying about the cost. To do that, she’s focused on bold solutions to:
- Make sure everyone can get the care they need close to home—whether that means seeing their health care provider, filling their prescription, or anything else;
- Dramatically bring down premiums, deductibles, and other out-of-pocket cost and requiring insurance companies to compete with a public option in ways that lower prices;
- Eliminate systemic racism in our health care system and address disparities in access, coverage and care;
- Make sure a change in jobs or a move across the country doesn’t mean losing affordable health care;
- Ensure patients have high quality plans that cover the care they need;
- Hold our system accountable to serving patients, not profits.
Health care is so much more than just whether families have quality, affordable health insurance. That’s why Senator Murray also champions strong investments in community health centers, the health care workforce, biomedical research, health equity, and our public health infrastructure. Making and maintaining these investments is critical to ensuring our nation is able to fight diseases, respond to public health emergencies, and keep all of our families and communities healthy and safe.
Senator Murray is a fierce champion of reproductive rights and is committed to defending Roe v. Wade as the law of the land. She believes that everyone should be able to get the reproductive health care they need—including family planning services and safe, legal abortion. She does not shy away from fighting back against extreme Republican attempts to chip away at the right to abortion that make it impossible for patients—especially people of color and people who are paid low incomes—to get the care they want.